Lady Lalo

Sunday 31 May 2015

Lady Lalo's Oh So Nourishing Chocolate treats

The most beautiful thing about understanding Wholefoods (or as I like to call them ‘real food’) is that you realise that all those processed sugars and treats you used to eat can so easily be replaced with completely natural, nutrient dense ingredients. 

As my little lady gets older, she is starting to pay more attention to what other children are eating and understands the difference between ‘treats’ and our regular foods. So when she asks for a biscuit because she sees another child at the park eating one, or a “cochlate” (aka Chocolate), I like to have a stash of healthy nutritious treats that I can give her. This way she doesn’t feel left out, and it also tells her that these foods are not ‘special’ or ‘naughty’ they are just sometimes foods. I guarantee that if I told my little lady ‘No’ she would want that sugar filled treat so much more because I have made it seem like it is off limits. We don’t have off limit foods; we just have healthy variations which taste just as good if not BETTER with the added bonus of antioxidants, proteins, healthy fats etc. Did you know that processed cane sugar is absolutely devoid of any nutritional value? I believe that everything that goes into my baby girls’ body should be nourishing her. Food is our fuel.  You wouldn’t fuel your car with water or else it wouldn’t function, so why fuel our children with junk when nature has provided everything we need to flourish?

I brought one of these Chocolates in for a work colleague of mine to try, he is a self confessed sugar addict. After one bite, I heard him say "wow!" I asked if he liked them, he told me that he genuinely thinks they taste better than a packaged chocolate bar. Job done!

This recipe is so incredibly easy, and antioxidant rich (Did you know that Raw Cacao has 40 times the antioxidants of Blueberries? Wow!). Please be advised that Raw Cacao has natural caffeine, and should be eaten sparingly by children. It is still a FAR better option than heavily processed Cocoa.
I have included some Superfood powders such as Lucuma and Inca Inchi in this recipe, these are both plant based powders and incredibly nutritious. For more information on the nutritional benefits of the ingredients I’ve used in these delicious Chocolate treats, I have provided some links below:

Lucuma Powder:
Raw Cacao:
Inca Inchi Powder:
Coconut Oil:



Ingredients:

½ cup Coconut Oil
2 ½ Tablespoons Raw Cacao
1 ½ Tablespoons Lucuma Powder
½ Tablespoon Inca Inchi Powder (If you wish, this ingredient is not essential to the overall taste)
2 Tablespoon Raw Honey or Pure Maple Syrup
1 Teaspoon Organic Vanilla Paste

Method:

1.   Warm Coconut oil in the microwave or on low heat on the stove top, until it liquidises.
2.      Pour into a bowl and add all ingredients. Stir gently with a spoon until all ingredients are combined and the coconut oil now resembles chocolate sauce (this makes an awesome “Ice Magic” over Banana Nicecream)
3.       Distribute Choc Sauce into silicone chocolate or ice moulds and let set in the freezer for 30 minutes.

Remember, although these delicious little chocolates are devoid of refined sugars, Dairy, Gluten and any nasties they still have natural sugars in them and should be eaten responsibly.

Love & Gratitude


x

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant thanks :) I don't have Lucuma powder could I use baobab?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kirsty,

      To be honest I've never used Baobab, but after doing a quick Google search it looks like I should be investing in some (thanks for that! 😊). Without knowing what it tastes like it's hard for me to tell whether it would work or not.

      Lucuma powder works greats as a natural sweetener so if you were going to skip that you may want to increase your honey or maple syrup or else they might turn out too bitter. Play around with the ingredients and let me know if the Baobab works!

      Delete
  2. Had a taste of one of these beauties yesterday! "Delicious" as lady Lalo would say

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 Researches REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally get rid of fat by consuming coconut fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from large medical journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete