Lady Lalo

Wednesday 27 May 2015

Moroccan Style Lamb with Cauli CousCous

The past week has been a bit of a blur, our Little Lady seems to be especially needy at the moment. She is wanting extra cuddles, lots of one on one time and endless amounts of undivided attention. We practice gentle parenting in our house, my husband and I are both firm believers in responding to our babies needs at all times. They are so small, in a big scary world that we brought them into. Its our duty as parents to make them feel secure, loved and comforted when things get overwhelming. Of course, like everything in life, parenting is a see-saw. When one side goes up the other goes down, so when my undivided attention goes to my toddlers needs and wants, all the other balls that I'm trying to juggle get dropped and although I know I'm trying my hardest to keep it all together, mummy guilt always has its way of creeping in and makes us second guess all of our natural instincts.

I am now onto my fourth attempt at writing this post. An hour later, I have consoled and comforted my little lady through a toddler tantrum, made an afternoon snack plate (to which I was told to "Take it away, now!"), played with play dough, and given endless cuddles and kisses. So before I get interrupted again, I will move on to the recipe to my Moroccan Style Lamb with Cauliflower "CousCous". This is a great toddler meal, the meat is so soft and tender, easy to make in big batches and can be easily portioned into containers for the freezer. Best of all it is packed full of vegetables and nutrient dense ingredients. If your little one is fussy with veggies, you could easily hide them by shredding instead of chopping.



I went easy on the spices and seasoning for my Little Lady, but if you are making this just for adults feel free to add extra spices to suit your taste.

Ingredients:

4 x Grassfed (preferably Organic) Lamb Forequarter Chops
2 x Red Onions (sliced thin)
2 x Carrots (chopped small in bite size pieces)
2 x Zucchini (as per above))
1/4 Cabbage (chopped finely)
2 x Broccoli Stalks (I always save my Broccoli stalks in the freezer to use in slow cooked dishes or soups, they are so nutrient dense)
1 x teaspoon Minced Garlic
1 x teaspoon Garam Masala
1.5 x teaspoon Himalayan Salt
1 x teaspoon Mixed dried herbs
1 x teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 x cup Bone Broth
1/3 x cup of Organic Raisins (ensure they have no added sugar)
1 x heaped Tablespoon Tapioca Flour
1 x Large Cauliflower (for Cauli Cous Cous)

Method:

I used my pressure cooker to make this but it can easily be made on the stove top or in a slow cooker.

1. Season lamb with Garlic Powder and Seasoning
2. Sear off Lamb in Ghee (or another good quality fat) until brown on each side, remove and set aside
3. Saute onions in the juices rendered from the lamb until translucent
4. Add all chopped vegetables into the pot with the onions, add in Garlic, Herbs and Spices and Raisins.
5. Add Bone Broth and Lamb back into the pot. Pressure Cook for 40 minutes or Slow cook for 3-4 hours.
6. Once cooked, remove lamb and set aside. Tilt the pot and with a large spoon collect the juices from the pot and put them into a small bowl. Add Tapioca Flour to the juices and stir well until flour is dissolved
7. Add in the juices with flour back into the pot and stir through the veggies well. Until the veggies are all coated in a thick sauce.
8. Flake Lamb with a Fork and set aside until ready to serve.

Cauliflower Cous Cous:

Chop a full head of Cauliflower into large florets, add into your food processor and process until it has reached a small couscous consistency. Mix through with some Coconut oil and onto a baking dish. Into an oven on 180 degrees for 15 mins, fold it through a couple of times so it does not burn on top and cooks evenly.

Serve CousCous with Vegetable sauce and topped with flaked lamb and chopped parsley as a garnish.





Enjoy!

Love & Gratitude

x



1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies PROVE Why Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    This means that you literally burn fat by consuming coconut fats (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medical journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete