Lady Lalo

Saturday 23 May 2015

Gluten free Zucchini & Tuna Slice

We all need a few of these simple throw together recipes up our sleeve for busy days. Zucchini slices and Frittatas are my 'go to' meals when I am especially pressed for time and ingredients. They really are a great way to get good fats, protein and veggies in one go with little preparation and cooking time. 

I am trying to get more fish into my Little Lady's diet, so last night when I was prepping dinner and didn't have any form of protein defrosted I decided to use a can of Tuna instead (I always buy sustainable, Pole and Line caught Tuna in Olive Oil. Stay away from flavoured tunas as they have added sugars and preservatives). This slice literally only required 5 minutes prepping time and you could serve it on its own as a complete meal. Who says healthy food is complicated? 

Ingredients:

8 x Freerange eggs (preferably Organic)
185g Tin Tuna (pole and line caught, in Olive Oil)
2 x teaspoon Herbamare (organic Vegetable powder with Sea Salt)
2 x Zucchinis (finely grated)
1 x small Carrot (finely grated)
2 x Tablespoons Coconut flour 

Method: 

- Line a baking tray with Baking paper, preheat oven to 180
- whisk eggs In a large bowl, add seasoning
- add all ingredients into the eggs and stir until all combined
- pour into lined baking tray and bake for 30 mins on 180. 



Feel free to change up the ingredients and make it your own. Always use what is in season and what you have readily available. Enjoy!

Love & Gratitude


6 comments:

  1. Hi could this be frozen? Thanks :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kirsty, not sure if my last reply went through. I have not tried freezing this one, I do not think that it would defrost well being that it is mostly egg based. It should keep in the fridge for at least 2-3 days though. :)

      Delete
    2. Ok thank you :) I don't like tuna but want to try this for my 3 year old son & my weaning baby! :))

      Delete
    3. Let me know how you go Kristy! If your babies are into Tuna, give my 'Accidentally amazing Tuna & Quinoa Patties' a go too. Recipe is in my latest blog post. These were a huge hit with my little lady and Hubby. :)

      Delete