Lady Lalo

Sunday 10 May 2015

Mexican inspired Toddler tasting plate

Last night I had a craving for a big naughty serving of Nachos. I never say no to my cravings but instead I try and create a healthier more nutrient dense version of the bad stuff I'm craving. Nine times out of Ten I'm usually more satisfied with the healthy version and happy that I didn't cave for something that would have made me feel sluggish and bloated. The picture below is my serving. 



For Lady Lalo I made a Mexican inspired tasting platter, using my super healthy recipe for nacho beef mince (recipe below) served in cos lettuce cups,  coconut and avocado Guacamole, buckwheat flour wraps made into my healthy version of 'corn chips', organic cob of corn boiled in Bone Broth and some ferments on the side. It must have been the mix of textures and playfulness of the meal that made her love every bit of it and keep asking for more! 


Recipe for Mexican inspired beef mince is as follows: 

Ingredients:
750 grams Grassfed beef mince
1 leek
2 carrots
2 zucchini
2 x cups chopped red cabbage
1/2 diced red capsicum
5 button mushrooms
1 teaspoon Cumin Seed powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
1 teaspoon Herbamare (organic sea salt and vege powder)
1/2 teaspoon mild paprika 
1 tablespoon Organic tomato paste
1 can Organic diced tomatoes 
1 cup of Bone Broth 
4 tablespoons Flaxseed meal 

Method: 
I used my pressure cooker but you could easily make this in a slow cooker or on a stove top. 

1. Sauté your leek in some ghee (or another good quality fat of choice) until it turns translucent 
2. Add in Beef Mince, brown it off and drain any liquid that is released throughout the cooking process. 
3. Add in all dry herbs and spices and keep browning it off until all spices are aromatic.
4. Add all chopped veggies and mix through well with the cooked mince and spices. 
5. Add in Bone Broth, tomatoes and tomato paste

Pressure cook for 30 minutes or cook on stove top until all veggies are tender. 

Add in the Flaxeed meal one tablespoon at a time and stir it through to thicken. You may not need the 4 tablespoons, stir until you reach your desired consistency. 

Guacamole
For the guacamole I mixed together two whole avocados, 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, organic lemon and garlic seasoning, Himalayan salt and 2 teaspoons of Dairy Free coconut mayonnaise. 

Buckwheat "corn chips":
I used 'the old time bakery' gluten and wheat free buckwheat flour wraps and cut them up into triangles. Placed them on some baking paper and sprayed them with coconut oil and seasoned with garlic and herb powder, I then baked them on 180 for 5-8 minutes. 

I hope you and your babies enjoy this wonderful dish as much as we did! 

Love & Gratitude






1 comment:

  1. Fantastic idea! Love how you made corn chips out of gluten free buckwheat wraps.......

    ReplyDelete