Lady Lalo

Monday 4 May 2015

Maple Glazed Pork Chops with Sweet Potato and Apple

With Winter on the horizon and a non-stop month of rain, the more we are chasing warm and hearty comfort foods. Since I leave for work at 6am, it is still dark and cold. I get to work and I am already thinking about what to make for dinner (In fact, food consumes a lot of my thoughts throughout the day.. insert embarrassed face emoji here) . 

I am so blessed that my husband works from home. When I feel like a slow cooked hearty meal, I email him through a quick recipe with some cooking instructions. Today it went something like this:


Ingredients:
  • 4 Grassfed Pork Chops (Please ensure you are buying your meat direct from the farmer or from a Butcher who can tell you how the animal has been raised. Always make sure the meat you are consuming has been ethically raised and humanely treated.
  • 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
  • 2 apples, peeled and sliced
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 tablespoon of Organic 100% Pure Maple Syrup
  • 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon
  • Season with Himalayan Salt
Method:
1. In a fry pan, sear your Pork chops in Ghee (or a good quality fat of your choice), until browned on each side. 
2. Throw all ingredients into the Slowcooker for 4hrs and let it do its thing!
3. Serve with a side of fermented vegetables (eg. Sauerkraut) and some greens to balance it all out.
4. ENJOY!

I came home to the aroma of Cinnamon, Apple and Maple throughout my home and it was AMAZING! xx


Lady Lalo's Dinner plate Tonight:


- Maple Glazed Pork
- Apple and Sweet Potato with Cinnamon
- Crunchy Kale Chips
- Fermented Cabbage

Or you can watch a video of Lady Lalo Enjoying her Kale Chips here:


Love and Gratitude

x

No comments:

Post a Comment