Lady Lalo

Friday 8 May 2015

Almond Butter Satay Chicken with Broccoli Rice

Whilst I was sitting at my desk at work today, it suddenly dawned on me that this Sunday I will be celebrating my second Mother's Day. Which means in exactly one months time, my beautiful baby girl will be turning the big TWO. A whole new chapter is about to unfold, and I can see it happening right before my eyes. I can see my little lady's free spirit growing brighter, her want for independence is going stronger. Every time she tells me that she wants to sit "In the big girl chair" at the Breakfast bar, instead of using her high chair.. my heart aches and melts at the same time. I started to feel nostalgic, I missed her and I wanted to go and collect her from Daycare right away and hear her say "Mumma, big cuddle" like she does with her arms stretched wide and that sparkle in her eyes, that confident look on her face that knows that she just pulled at your heart strings. So I did.

I left work early, and went straight to collect her. When I arrived at Daycare she was playing outside, I spotted her straight away. She had an aura of energy surrounding her. She was so happy to be digging in the dirt, jumping off the little wooden bridge and into the sandpit, she was almost too caught up in the fun to notice that I was watching her. When she looked up and saw me her eyes lit up with even more joy and she jumped sandcastles, buckets and spades and children in her beeline straight for me. I was expecting her to say her infamous "Hi Mumma!!" when she reached me, but instead she said "Horsies and Chickens" hahaha... always making me laugh with her randomness and one track mind! I took her to visit the Horses and the Chickens, before I watched her go and say goodbye to her little friends. At that moment, I was overcome with pride. To be raising a gentle, intelligent and kind natured little girl. I watched as she went and said goodbye to her daycare teachers and asked them all for a cuddle and a kiss before she left. In that moment, I realised that we are not just celebrating my motherhood journey on Sunday but I am also celebrating how much this child has taught me about myself over the past two years. She has made me want to be the BEST version of myself; mentally, physically and emotionally, because she is watching and I want to make her proud, just as she has made me.

I made this dish especially for Lady Lalo tonight, because lets be honest, what kid doesn't LOVE something that tastes just like Peanut Butter. Only this has no refined Sugar, Preservatives or Peanuts and is so nutrient dense! So here it is, my version of a Satay Sauce served over Chicken, vegetables and Broccoli Rice.

Ingredients for Satay Sauce:
1/4 cup 100% Almond Butter
2 x tablespoons of Unhulled Tahini
1 x tablespoon Pure Organic Maple Syrup
1/2 x teaspoon Himalayan Salt
1/4 x cup Bone Broth (or more if you want a thinner sauce)
1 x cup Organic Coconut Cream


Method for Satay Sauce:
Over medium heat, add Bone Broth into a saucepan add Coconut Cream into the bone broth and stir gently until combined. Add in Almond Butter, Tahini, Maple Syrup and Himalayan Salt. Turn the heat down and whisk well until all ingredients are combined and there are no lumps. Keep whisking until you reach the desired consistency. If you would like a thinner sauce, add in a little more bone broth and keep whisking.

Ingredients for Chicken and Veg:
3 x Medium size Free range Chicken Breasts
2 x Carrots chopped
1 x handful of Green Beans
2 x cups of Bone Broth
Seasoning of choice

Method for Chicken and Veg:
Since I had limited time, I cut up my chicken breasts into bite size chunks, chopped my carrot and beans the same and threw them all into my pressure cooker with bone broth and seasoning for 20 minutes. You could easily do this on the stove top and poach the chicken in some broth. Once cooked, I drained the broth and added the chicken and veggies to my Satay Sauce and stirred through.

I served this over Broccoli and Zucchini Rice, which is just Broccoli and Zucchini food processed until it reaches a rice like consistency. Stir through some coconut oil and seasoning and into a baking tray. Bake on 180 degrees for 15 mins or until the broccoli is tender. Making sure to fold it through with a spatula or spoon once or twice so it cooks evenly.

This was a Seriously Delicious dinner and I really hope you all enjoy it. Id love to hear your feedback so please feel free to leave a comment, whether you have tried the recipe or not.



Love and Gratitude

x






2 comments:

  1. I made this meal the other night! It was so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually get rid of fat by consuming Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from large medical magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete