Lady Lalo

Tuesday 5 May 2015

Coconut and Turmeric Baked Salmon

We had sunshine today. That sentence deserves a blog of its own, Hooray for sunshine!

I'm sure all of the mumma's and papa's of toddlers who are reading this can all agree that sunshine after weeks of endless rain, hail and storms is need for celebration. Our day started out positive, Lady Lalo slept in.. and I dont mean a 6 am wake up instead of a 5.30 am wake up, I mean a 7.45 am sleep in!! Second cause for Celebration today.


Of course, Lady Lalo chose to have a sleep in on the one day that we have music class starting at 9 am and the only one of her activities that isn't just five minutes from our house. Since I knew we were going to be pushed for time right from word go, I thought I would accelerate the Breakfast routine by making her a super nutrient and veggie packed Smoothie to take with us in the car. However, today of all days our little lady decided that her regular green smoothie just wasn't going to cut it and how DARE you try and rush me mum! So after handing Lady Lalo her smoothie she took one sip and handed it back with "No Smoothie, Eggs Peaaassee" .... ahhhh!!! So I made her eggs. By this stage it was already 8.30 am and we were both still in our pyjamas.

A series of annoying things happened sequentially after that..

1. Lady Lalo decided she didn't want to sit in a chair to eat her eggs but instead wanted to sit on the kitchen benchtop ... I gave in. She was going great until I turned my back for a second (the same second that she decided she had enough of her eggs) and she threw the bowl of eggs onto the kitchen floor.
2. We went through the usual routine of mummy chasing toddler around the house trying to get clothes on her.
3. We FINALLY got ourselves dressed, teeth brushed, hair somewhat pulled back and looking half respectable and were ready to walk out the door. When I hear the words "Poo Poo" come out of my little lady's mouth.... noooooooooo!

Needless to say we did the long walk of shame entering music class late for the third week running. Our morning started to run more smoothly after that. We had a successful music class and a lovely outdoor play date at our local nature reserve. Lady Lalo came home and had a big lunch of leftover roast chicken and veggies and then fell asleep.

However, she certainly woke up on the wrong side of the bed (or cot even) and we had a long afternoon of temper tantrums ahead.

In our busy, 4 seasons kind of day I had completely forgotten to take anything out for dinner or plan what we were having... sometimes under pressure I come up with my best meals! I had some beautiful 'This Fish' Sustainably caught Atlantic Salmon in the freezer (I cooked this from frozen) and some Coconut cream in the fridge that I needed to use, and with those two ingredients in mind I created my delicious Coconut and Turmeric baked Salmon dish. Recipe below:





Ingredients:

  • 3 x Salmon Fillets (skin removed)
  • 1/2 cup of Organic Coconut Cream
  • 1 teaspoon of Turmeric powder
  • 1 teaspoon of Garlic powder (I used an organic lemon and garlic seasoning)
  • 1 teaspoon of dry herbs of your choice 
  • 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
Method:
  • Preheat oven to 180 degrees
  • In your baking tray, combine Coconut Cream, Coconut Oil and all dry ingredients and mix it well with a teaspoon
  • Add in Salmon Fillets and coat them well with the mixture.
  • Lay the salmon flat on your baking tray and bake for 25 mins or until the Salmon is cooked to your liking.
Serve with steamed veggies like I have for Lady Lalo and Enjoy!!

If you try this meal, please let me know what you think in my comments box below! Or alternatively, if you are a parent of a toddler and need a vent like I have, feel free to comment also :)

To check out more of my Toddler and Family meal inspiration, head of over to my Instagram page:  https://instagram.com/little_lady_lalo/

Love and Gratitude

x

1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies REVEAL Why Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    This means that you actually kill fat by eating coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medicinal magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete