Lady Lalo

Sunday 9 August 2015

Additive Free, Kids Party Treats

This week some pretty spectacular things have happened in my world, and it has been such a motivator and reaffirmed that I am on the right path. They are small gestures that mean big things to me. I’m not going to go into too much detail as I have some exciting things on the horizon and I will wait for them all to unfold before I share.

Over the past few weeks I started to lose my momentum, with this blog, with our choice of lifestyle and with my goals. I wasn’t seeing the big picture, just getting tired of the everyday grind. Then the universe sent some beautiful women my way, women that share the same passion for this lifestyle as I do, women that are trying to spread the same message, as I am. It was the nudge I needed to get my head back in the game, a little nudge from the universe telling not to give in, and to hang in there mumma, you got this!.

I have been getting so much wonderful feedback from so many beautiful mumma’s lately, I often send these blog posts out and don’t expect so many of you to actually read them and try my recipes. So thank you, for following and for your support. It is the encouragement and feedback that I get from my followers that motivates me to keep going.

I made these special treats to bring along to a 2nd Birthday party on the weekend. I was so happy that my little lady had some treats that she could enjoy and I knew that there were absolutely no nasty colours, flavours or additives in them.

Recipe for my Additive Free Salted Caramel Chocolate Crackle cups and Paleo Vanilla Cupcakes with Raspberry & Coconut Frosting. 



Salted Caramel Chocolate Crackles

Ingredients:

3 x Cups Popcorn (I use Honest to Goodness brand, as they are NON GMO and Organic. I pop them in a saucepan with Coconut Oil and a pinch of Himalayan Salt)

350g Cocoa Butter (Absolute Organic brand)

1 x tbsp Coconut Cream (Honest to Goodness brand)

1 x tsp Vanilla Bean Paste 

2 x tbsp Raw Cacao

1/2 x cup Pure Organic Maple Syrup

1 x tbsp Lucuma Powder

Pinch of Himalayan Salt

2 x tbsp Raw Honey (to drizzle on top at the end)

2 x tsp Superfood for Kids powder (Optional - I added this in for extra nutrients)

Method:
  1. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the Cocoa Butter and Coconut Cream
  2. Whisk in the Vanilla Bean Paste, Raw Cacao Powder, Maple Syrup, and Lucuma Powder.
  3. Pour a tablespoon at a time over your Popcorn. Stir through gently with a spatula until all popcorn is coated with the choc sauce mixture but not swimming in sauce. 
  4. Season popcorn again with a pinch of Himalayan Salt (Optional)
  5. Add in your superfood for kids powder to the popcorn mixture (Optional)
  6. Distribute your choc popcorn into mini patty cake cups or silicone moulds 
  7. (these are quite decadent even with clean ingredients, so I would stick to mini patties as too much might be a little sickly)
  8. With a teaspoon, pour the leftover chocolate sauce into each patty cake cup to fill them with chocolate. 
  9. With a teaspoon, drizzle a little Raw honey onto each chocolate crackle (the honey does not set, and resembles a gooey caramel sauce when you bite into it)

I poured the leftover Chocolate sauce into chocolate moulds and have stored them in the freezer. These may come in handy when we start toilet training this Spring! :)

Ingredients - Paleo Vanilla Cupcakes with Raspberry & Coconut Frosting:

Cupcakes:

1/2 x cup Coconut Flour

1/8 x tsp Himalayan Salt

1/2 x tsp Baking Powder (Gluten and Aluminium Free)

6 Eggs

1/2 x cup Coconut Oil

2 x tbsp Raw Honey

2 x tsp Vanilla Bean Paste

Method:
  1. In a food processor, combine coconut flour, salt and baking soda
  2. Pulse in eggs, honey and vanilla
  3. Once combined, stir through the melted Coconut Oil (you have to work quickly with Coconut Flour and Coconut Oil, the coconut flour absorbs liquid quickly and the coconut oil solidifies in the cold)
  4. Line a cupcake pan with 9 paper liners and scoop 2 tablespoons into each
  5. Bake at 180 degrees for 20-24 minutes
  6. Cool for 1 hour
  7. Frost with my Raspberry and Coconut Frosting (recipe below)
Frosting:

1 x cup Frozen Raspberries (Preferably Organic)

1 x heaped tsp Raw Honey

1/2 x tsp Vanilla Bean Paste

2 x tbsp Coconut Cream

1 x tbsp Coconut Butter

1/4 x cup Coconut Oil

Method:
  1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, stew the Raspberries until they begin to breakdown and juices are released, 
  2. Using a spatula push down on any lumpy raspberries so they puree and turn into a sauce.
  3. Add Raw Honey and Vanilla Bean Paste to the Raspberry mixture and stir through.
  4. Remove from heat and pour the raspberry mixture through a fine sieve to remove the seeds, collect the liquid in a small bowl. (You can keep the seed mixture to make Raspberry Chia Jam or add into a cake batter),
  5. Using the same saucepan, over medium heat whisk together the coconut cream, coconut butter and coconut oil. 
  6. Slowly add in the Raspberry puree, stirring until you reach the desired colour for your frosting. 
  7. Add in a splash of Pure Maple Syrup or more Vanilla Bean paste to sweeten the frosting to your desired taste
  8. Place the frosting in the fridge to cool, as it cools the frosting will thicken (be careful not to leave it too long or the coconut oil will solidify). Once you have a paste like consistency, transfer your frosting into a piping bag or use a butter knife to frost cupcakes.
  9. Enjoy!!
I added the leftover raspberry puree to the remainder of the frosting and put it back on low heat, I then added in some Great Lakes Gelatin and poured the mixture into silicone moulds to make little Jelly Lollies for my little lady. She adored these.

I do hope these recipes make it to your next party. You really don't need the food colourings, flavours and additives. Its just as easy to create sweet treats with REAL ingredients without the sugar overload and crazy additive tantrums that so often come on after a birthday party.

Please leave any feedback or comments below, I promise to get back to you. 

Love & Gratitude

x


1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    This means that you actually get rid of fat by consuming coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from major medical magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete