Lady Lalo

Friday 12 February 2016

Banana Choc Chip Cupcakes

Sorry for my absence in the blogging world and never remembering to write down my recipes when I make them. If only there were more time in the day. I'd love nothing more than to spend my days recipe creating, trying and testing and blogging new amazing wholefood recipes for you and your little ones. Perhaps in a few months time when my maternity leave starts, I'll have more time on my hands to get more creative in the kitchen. Pfft, who am I kidding. As a second time round mumma, I now know that 'time on my hands' and 'maternity leave' are two things that don't go hand in hand. Ahhh one can only dream!

I created this muffin recipe a few weeks ago but completely forgot to write down my recipe, they were such a huge hit with the little lady that I decided to recreate them. This time I turned them into cupcakes by icing them with my easy peasy date and raw cacao icing. I think my little lady enjoyed them even more this time round! Success!

I hope you and your little ones enjoy them just as much. I made them in the Thermomix so my recipe is for thermomix users, but this is such a simple recipe you could easily throw the ingredients in a regular food processor and I'm sure you would get the same result.



Muffin Ingredients:

- 3 x Pasture Raised Eggs
- 1.5 Ripe Bananas (or 1 large one)
- 4-5 Organic Medjool Dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup Almond or Coconut Milk
- 2 cups Almond Meal (I think they would also work great with Hazelnut Meal but I haven't tried it yet)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp fine himalayan salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean powder
- Small handful of Dairy Free dark choc chips (try and find a good quality brand that has no refined sugar, alternatively Enjoy Life are a great additive free vegan brand but they do have evaporated cane juice added to sweeten them)

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Add the eggs, Banana and dates into the thermomix bowl and blend for 8 seconds on speed 5
3. Add all other ingredients, except the choc chips. Blend 12 seconds on speed 5 until well combined. Scrape down bowl.
4. Add the choc chips, blend for 5 seconds on the slowest speed. (you may need to fold the choc chips through a little more with your spatula)
5. Fill muffin cups to 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 minutes (checking on them at 15 minutes to make sure they are not burnt on top). Insert a toothpick in the centre, when it comes out clean they are ready.
6. Transfer to a cooling rack and ice them once cooled.

Frosting Ingredients:

- 200 grams Organic Medjool Dates, pitted (soaked in boiling water briefly to soften)
- 6 tablespoons Coconut Cream
- 2 tablespoons Raw Cacao
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Bean powder
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil (melted)
- (Optional) 1 tablespoon Raw Honey or Maple Syrup, depending on how sweet you like it. The dates are quite sweet so its not essential.

Method:
1. Drain the liquid from the dates and place dates only in your thermomix bowl with coconut cream. Blend for 10 seconds, starting at speed 4 and gradually increase speed to 8. Scrape down bowl.
2. Add in the raw cacao and vanilla powder. Repeat the above process until you get a nice smooth consistency. You may need to add a little more coconut cream or a tablespoon of boiling water depending on how powerful your blender is. You should have a nice thick smooth paste.
3. I used a spatula to transfer the frosting into a small piping bag (or ziplock bag and cut the corner) and I placed a blob of frosting on each cupcake. I then used a butter knife to spread it on.

Enjoy!!

Love and Gratitude

x

1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally kill fat by consuming Coconut Fats (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete